The ultimate goal of the Online Library Catalogue is to enable the library patrons to browse library collection online beyond the physical boundary. In one word, it is the gateway to the Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) Library's collection.

Online Library Catalogue

The Digital Library of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) is an online locus for collecting, preserving, and disseminating the teaching, learning and intellectual output of the University to the Global community.

Digital Library

The Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE) service covers free, full text, quality controlled journals. There are now 4,500+ journals in the directory published in English language. All are searchable at article level.

Open Access Journals Search Engine

Shodhganga repository is the reservoir of Indian intellectual output stored, hosted and maintained by the INFLIBNET Centre, an IUC of UGC. Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) has joined Shodhganga for depositing the theses.

KKHSOU in Shodhganga


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q.1 Who is allowed to use the Central Library, KKHSOU?

Ans. All bonafide members of the Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University shall be allowed to access the library.
The bonafide categories are:
Students, Research Scholars, Employees of the University, Ex-employees of the University and any other person with permission of the Librarian may enter the library.

Q.2 I am neither an employee nor a research scholar of KKHSOU. Can I use the Central Library?

Ans. Yes, apply for Temporary patron-ship of the library for studying at the library premises. Submit valid proof of identity (like College Identity Card, etc) along with the application (prescribed) and library fee.

Q.3 Who can issue books from the Central Library?

Ans. The employees (permanent as well as contractual) of KKHSOU, PhD scholars and MPhil scholars of KKHSOU are permitted to issue books from the Central Library.

Q.4 I have lost a book, what am I required to do?

Ans. Please, do report to the Librarian immediately by writing an application. Then you are to submit a new copy of the same book to the library within a stipulated time; failing which as per KKHSOU Library Rules two times or more of the cost price will be charged.

Q.5 Can the dissertation/theses be issued?

Ans. These are grey literatures so, these will not be issued.

Q.6 How can I access subscribed e-resources of KKHSOU?

Ans. Subscribed resources of KKHSOU can be accessed by KKHSOU Library Members only at the library premises. For password assistance please contact the Librarian.

Q.7 I have lost my Identity cum Library Card, what am I required to do?

Ans. The loss of Identity cum Library Card should be reported immediately in writing to the Librarian requesting the re-issue of a new Library card.

Q.8 How can I get the library clearance certificate?

Ans. A library clearance certificate may be issued to patrons only on returning all borrowed and surrendering the library materials. Library clearance certificate is must for declaration of result, award of MPhil/PhD degree, superannuation/resignation/transfer of employees etc.